Ok, medyo na papansin na natin na sobra na init ngayon. As electronics engineers we can design ultra low power systems that can be run with batteries for years on end.
What I want to find out is what most of you do to give your share in saving our planet.
I for example have done the following:
1. Roof insulation and hot air venting. This lowers my house temperature during summer and don't need to turn on my airconditioner in the afternoon.
2. Whole house fan, draws in cool outside air during the night, again don't need to turn on air conditioner.
3. Replaced all bulbs with CFL
4. Ball bearing fans for efficiency
5. Use the car only twice a week, commute by bus for the rest of the week, cheaper, and forces me to walk (healthy)
6. Put IR sensors for areas like the porch, toilet and stairs so that lights will not be left ON and will be ON only needed.
7. Replaced my old CRT monitor with less power hungry LCD one.
8. Keep my house cool by planting small trees and put some shades where the sun would hit my windows.
9. Use steel framing and concrete based wall cladding.
1. Solar powered porch light and other small spaces.
2. Solar water heater