"HERE IT IS"
My Novice design in my middle age school..It can practically test capacitors in mirofarads..Resistors in circuit can be changed depends on test voltage you want on electrolytics...Change the value of 0.002 if you find the neon continued to lit at condenser test.
CHECKING CONDENSER :
1. Place the selector switch in neutral position.
2. Clip the condenser under test in the condenser probe.
3. Place the selector sw instantaneously to condenser and watch a single blink of neon for OK.
Leak or short will continuously lit.
No Blink is an open circuit.
CHECKING ELECTROLYTIC :
1. Clip the Elect. under test in electrolytic probe.
2. Place the selector switch to Electrolytic position..(Neon will not light when the cap is charging)
When cap is OK, the neon will lit in a matter of seconds (Time depend on value)
Neon will remain off if cap is shorted, and neon will not turn off if cap is open.
Leak can be judged depend on value vs time charged.(if the value is big but charged in a short time,
that's a leak.)
Device under test will literally trickle,charge,or revive the electrolytic when test, so Discharge the
cap properly with a 20k 2w resistor..Careful of probe clip... ""its live and dangerous.""