caramoan tour package

caramoan tour package

caramoan tour package

Author Topic: 200uH inductor: howto make / where to buy?  (Read 3181 times)

Offline wowiesy

• Size AAA Battery
  • Pogi/Ganda Points: 0
200uH inductor: howto make / where to buy?
« on: March 07, 2009, 06:33:03 PM »
I have a circuit that optionally needs a 200uH inductor. I do not know how to make it. I made the rounds sa Raon kanina and wala akong natyempuhan na store that has it...  papano po kaya makagawa? Is there any other place I could source this?

Although mentioned sa notes ng circuit na optional yung inductor, I'd like to put it in kung makaka kuha din o makakagawa din lang ako ng part na ito... 

Sa alexan meron silang choke coil 100uH.. parang resistor lang siya na 0.25watt.. instead na flesh yung kulay ng background, greenish siya...  if i can use this.. pupuwede kaya na i-series ko lang yung dalawang pirasong 100uH to come up with 200uH?

will appreciate your help...

Philippine Electronics Forum

200uH inductor: howto make / where to buy?
« on: March 07, 2009, 06:33:03 PM »

Offline mvs sarma

• CR2032 Battery
  • Pogi/Ganda Points: 3
Re: 200uH inductor: howto make / where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 07:10:19 PM »
I have a circuit that optionally needs a 200uH inductor. I do not know how to make it. I made the rounds sa Raon kanina and wala akong natyempuhan na store that has it...  papano po kaya makagawa? Is there any other place I could source this?

Although mentioned sa notes ng circuit na optional yung inductor, I'd like to put it in kung makaka kuha din o makakagawa din lang ako ng part na ito... 

Sa alexan meron silang choke coil 100uH.. parang resistor lang siya na 0.25watt.. instead na flesh yung kulay ng background, greenish siya...  if i can use this.. pupuwede kaya na i-series ko lang yung dalawang pirasong 100uH to come up with 200uH?

will appreciate your help...
You can make an Inductor, but you need an LC meter to measure its value. if you readily have 100uH , you can use 2 in series to make 200uH.
 if you have a meter to measure, take a toroid core like T5 or T8, wind around 50 turns and then measure .you might end-up little on higher side. you can always reduce few turns to get the neaerest value.
Let us share knowledge, we too gain by the way.

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 07:10:19 PM »

Offline bravokilo

• Hydroelectric
  • Pogi/Ganda Points: 148
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 12:28:38 AM »
Sounds like your circuit involves some oscillator circuit.  That inductor is meant to block off the osc circuit from the supply line.  But if that is optional, spunds like it is only meant to be an inductor series in the supply line with capacitors before and after. It is for filtering fluctuations. Show me the circuit if you want.

BK 09197726274

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 12:28:38 AM »

Offline deanc

• Lead Acid Battery
  • Pogi/Ganda Points: 12
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 12:36:41 AM »
@bravokilo

Pasinigit ng OT...Are you the same Bravokilo sa RCPhils?

Dean
I make anything from something to nothing

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 12:36:41 AM »

Offline wowiesy

• Size AAA Battery
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 08:22:51 AM »
this is the circuit:

medyo maliit lang nga ang pic.. the source of the circuit is here:
http://www.littelfuse.com/data/en/Application_Notes/AN1003.pdf  figure AN1003.15  it's on page 5

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 08:22:51 AM »

Offline RaffT

• Technical People
  • Hydroelectric
  • Pogi/Ganda Points: 103
  • more on R-n-D
    • MY Bots
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 08:36:55 AM »
^in series sa load.. di pwede yung L na parang resistor, di yan kakayanin.. dapat talaga wind-your-own kna jan..LC meter required
Learning is CooL! BEAM robotics/DIY UCD180/PSP/AC wtmtr/digiESRmtr/PICkit™2 clone/SGTC/SSTC/DR-SSTC

Never argue with an idiot... They'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline motion55

• Technical People
  • Gas Turbine
  • Pogi/Ganda Points: 451
  • Been at this longer than you've been alive.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 08:53:33 AM »
The inductor is used to filter out rapid rise in voltage (dv/dt) when the thyristor switches OFF. The rapid rise can generate unwanted EMI emissions. Since the current through the load also passes through the inductor, that inductor must be rated to at least this current. In the sample schematic, it's 3Amps.

The bad news is that those small inductors from Alexan are only rated a few mA only. The good news is that the amount of inductance isn't that critical (it is if you want to minimize EMI). You may wind 20-50 turns through a small toroid core to get some decent inductance and that should be good enough. Use no. 22 or 24 gauge magnet wire to handle the current. A sources of ferrite cores are old motherboards and PC power supplies.
"Set your mind free!"

Offline deanc

• Lead Acid Battery
  • Pogi/Ganda Points: 12
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 09:12:54 AM »
@wowiesy

Looking at your circuit, you'll need a beefy inductor there.  Maybe not much, but Radio Shack used to sell those axial 200uH inductors rated at 2A.  Alam ko meron ako dating ganyan na di ko nagamit, I'll try to look for it.  If I find it, you can have it.

Or you can wind your own, as motion55 said di masyado critical yung inductance.  If you have access to Alexan AC2000 DMM or any other DMM that can read inductance you can easily wind your own.

I make anything from something to nothing

Offline wowiesy

• Size AAA Battery
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 04:36:39 PM »
may nakita ako sa RS Phils... 200uH.. although 1A lang .. uubra kaya ito??  On a different circuit (not this design, but I think very close to this).. nag clamp meter ako sa vibrator at ang reading ay 0.8A lang...  kaya din siguro umubra yung OMNI na lamp dimmer (500W) since 170W lang ang konsumo.... if i try to find sa RS Phils na uubra for 3A, regardless of inductance value okay lang din?  makakasama ba sa circuit kung sumobra ang inductance value? 

Offline rdpzycho

• Technical People
  • Solar Power Satellite
  • Pogi/Ganda Points: 692
  • Respect Begets Respect
    • rdpzycho
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 08:50:26 PM »
pwede 'yung lamp dimmer na 500W.

hindi naman critical 'yung inductance diyan, pero huwag lang ding sosobra ng masyadong mataas. kung gagamit ka ng commercial inductor, I'd suggest not to do it in series or parallel. depende kasi sa alignment nung dalawang inductor, posibleng lalong tumaas ang EMI.
‎"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
- Rene Descartes

"For every difficult problem there is always a simple answer and most of them are wrong."
- Clayton Paul

Offline wowiesy

• Size AAA Battery
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 09:24:39 AM »
walang inductor coil dun sa OMNI lamp dimmer... although the heat sink ng triac is designed na parang nagiging cover na rin sya... ... 

Offline rdpzycho

• Technical People
  • Solar Power Satellite
  • Pogi/Ganda Points: 692
  • Respect Begets Respect
    • rdpzycho
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 10:14:18 AM »
ang purpose kasi nung inductor, pampabagal lang ng rise time para kung mag-trigger at midway ng AC cycle, hindi isang biglang pataas which causes large amounts of EMI. kung heavily covered naman, pwede ring wala 'yung inductor.
‎"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
- Rene Descartes

"For every difficult problem there is always a simple answer and most of them are wrong."
- Clayton Paul

Offline undrex

• CR2032 Battery
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 10:45:25 PM »
@wowiesy, make ur own nalang. . . . .try this link
                   http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Calculators/A-Inductance.htm

Offline wowiesy

• Size AAA Battery
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 05:08:58 PM »
I would like to try making my own... but so far.. I'm not sure about where to source the materials.... especially yung core... I've seen magnetic wires being sold by the kilo sa raon.. yung core lang ang hindi ko alam kung saan makakabili... saan nga kaya? I've tried deeco, alexan, solid... wala sila ng core...

Offline mvs sarma

• CR2032 Battery
  • Pogi/Ganda Points: 3
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 02:42:04 AM »
I would like to try making my own... but so far.. I'm not sure about where to source the materials.... especially yung core... I've seen magnetic wires being sold by the kilo sa raon.. yung core lang ang hindi ko alam kung saan makakabili... saan nga kaya? I've tried deeco, alexan, solid... wala sila ng core...

It should be a power inductor
 you may well use the line filter coils used in power supplies with ferrite EE core.   you may mesure the inductance if you have a LC meter or L meter

Let us share knowledge, we too gain by the way.

Offline wowiesy

• Size AAA Battery
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 01:29:58 PM »
kung kakahoy ako ng mga power supplies( from PC, etc).. it may cost me a lot... this prototype I'm working on is being planned for use to be installed in about 60 machines sa planta namin...  baka mas mapamahal ako sa pagbili ng mga scrap na power supplies to get the cores instead of just buying the material itself and winding....

Offline bravokilo

• Hydroelectric
  • Pogi/Ganda Points: 148
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 03:04:59 AM »
DeanC, yes, ako yun sa RCPhils. wowiesy,sorry I did not follow through. Ok na ba yung project mo. Looks like a lamp dimmer lang yan.

BK

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 03:04:59 AM »

Privacy Policy

Contact Us: elabph@yahoo.com