Electronics Lab Philippines

Amateur Radio Groups

Offline bravokilo

Re: Amateur Radio Groups
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2017, 12:33:08 PM »
War, start with a 20 foot GI pipe na may guy wires, unless may water tank kayo sa bahay. For antenna, start with an easily constructed quarter wave antenna. Brass copper welding rod ang gamit namin. Surebal, derecho and RG58 coax sa antenna, center to the whip and braid to ground. JUST MAKE SURE GROUNDED TO EARTH YUNG GI PIPE MO. Kung tamaan ng kidlat, straight to the
ground.

« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2017, 01:29:03 PM »
hi new here...currently both cignus uv95 last sunday. nun kabataan ko nauso tong two way radio gamit ko dati icom v68.

Offline Super zHero

• Simple problem- ...simple solution.
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2017, 01:41:34 PM »
Would like to "hear" more from you....

« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2017, 02:05:53 PM »
I was told that ENGLISH is the international language for Amateur Radio. I've posted for some help elsewhere on the forum about getting into AR but I'm worried as I don't speak local language. Many posts here, which might benefit a beginner, I cannot read.

Will I have a problem in the Philippines with language?

Thanks, hope someone can read this and reply!

hello, i don't think you would have problem speaking english when in the Philippines as most Filipinos speaks english (maybe around 99%). though the Philippines has a lot of local regional dialects, most of them will speak in english if requested to do so. hope this helps :)

« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2017, 02:10:13 PM »
I Will try to response based on my SUBJECTIVE experience lang...since this is my long time hobby already.

1.0 ano po yung ideal height ng atenna? ilang kilometers ang maabot nito?
      If base station, height is might.  The higher the better. 
      If the antenna is not being blocked by any firewall or neighboring tall buildings...base to base malayo din. 
      Let say a typical 2 floor residencial appartment and a 30ft antenna mass...Tondo Manila as reference,
      you can reach as far sa Pampanga to the North and Batangas to the South.  If the receiving station have
      a good and a high set-up maybe more farther.

But for base to portable...is another story and depende na rin sa point of communication nyo.  Sometimes
      even very near kung may dead spot and splattrer, hindi na rin kayo magkadinigan.

2.0 oki na ba tong f23 na antenna? alam ko lng na omnidirectional RF Radiation ito..
      Should be ok kung original ung nabili mo.  Always measure your SWR.
      Pag original laging nakatono na yan.  But still for safety you need to double check your SWR reading.
      If you got a high SWR reading, check your connection specially your grounding.

3.0 ano po ang proper grounding ng antenna for CB radio?
      For a typical antenna set-up the good grounding is just the mass..o ung tubo.
      but if you have the luxury of a really good grounding ung pwede kang magbaon ng ground sa lupa would be the best.

in addition to suggestions posted here, a very important tool in installing an antenna is your SWR meter. this measures the impedance of your feed line (coaxial cable) and your antenna. you need to measure the SWR reading of your antenna when connecting your radio to ensure a reliable and efficient operation. a high SWR meter reading will destroy your radio. you can google around regarding SWR meter or ask the help of someone who is knowledgeable in installing antennas. hope this help. :)

« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2017, 02:28:54 PM »
Hi.. i have a domestic flight in the PH soon. Pwede po ba ilagay sa carry-on ang radio? I'm thinking that I would probably have to remove the antenna (to save some space)..

Offline Super zHero

« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2017, 08:51:00 PM »
Domestic flight- meaning you are already inside the Phils.  I don't see any harm in doing so but if you are questioned or confronted about it or disallowed, just be ready to check it in.

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2018, 10:39:55 AM »
Sus, mag isang taon n itong thread. Buhaying natin. Hello everyone. 73's....

Offline cabz24

« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2018, 03:06:10 PM »
Hi, I am a newbie, I am thinking of buying a Cignus UV85 or a Baofeng UV6R... which would you recomend mga sir? I would llike to have something to use during convoys and mountain hiking, also if we are in divisoria and magkahiwalay namimili ni misis... :)

Offline Super zHero

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2018, 08:46:08 PM »
Keep in mind that Amateur radios need licences.

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2018, 09:45:49 AM »
Dami sa Div. Lazada marami din. Mayron matibay ang casing na Baofeng. Teka lang.

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2018, 09:55:31 AM »

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2018, 09:56:47 AM »
Hanapin mo ang review sa internet. It has a sturdy case, the problem of the other models.

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2018, 10:01:02 AM »

UV82HP is taller.

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2018, 10:03:37 AM »

Battery taller. Higher capacity. 7-8 watts output nito.

Offline Joysan

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2018, 04:13:58 PM »
Any group in rizal area that i can monitor on air 73

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2018, 08:22:39 AM »
Just turn on your radio and scan. Dami dyan from as far as Cavite, Caloocan, Lucena na ma pick up mo Jay.

Offline amadjo01

• Meow....
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2019, 07:13:41 AM »
pwede pa po ba maki buhay dito sa thread? 

Baofeng user pero 888 lang gamit......

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2019, 09:26:23 AM »
Hello, Amad (that is the name of my grand uncle). Yes, buhayin natin. Location mo. Yung 888 mo related ba yan as 555 sardinas? Joke lang. VHF ba yan? I have VHF that could pump 45 watts. I could hit you if you are in Metro Manila maybe and has an antenna. My antenna 30 feet up broke si I ma using a simple dipole sa bakod.

Let me hear from you.

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2019, 09:02:28 PM »
@ Bravo Kilo. Anong frequency gamit nyo jan sa DU1 ?