Electronics Lab Philippines

current amplifier

current amplifier
« on: December 14, 2011, 04:39:13 PM »
hanggang anong value ng current ang kaya i amplify ng current amplifier?.ano ang epekto nito sa voltage?.thanks guys. :)

Offline j a y k e z

• gimmegaggigsss
Re: current amplifier
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 05:11:26 PM »

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 05:13:56 PM »
Budoy, kulang ang input mo pero tgry kita sagutin. alam mo and transformer can be considred a current amplifier. Look at the welding machine, Low Voltage but high current ang output.  Ang Ohm's Law ay E=IR di ba? and in addition power is EI or voltage x current. Alam mo kung mayroon kang traffo(for transformer) na 220watts na ang primary ay pang 220V, powerwise it means the current is 220W/220V or 1 amp. Now, if you wind a few turns but with thick wire sa seconday, you will still get the same power at any combination of the V and Amp. So, for example, ginawa mo 22 volts, eh, the amps will be 220W/22V or 10 amps!

Now, there is another current ampli that you might be thinking of. Yung transistor amp for example. may 3 paa yun di ba. Yung Emitter,Collector at base.  Kung NPN, yung plus sa C will appear sa E kapag nilagyan mo and kaunting plus sa base. And curent mo dun sa base maliit lang to open up a huge current flow sa C and E. Try mo yung 2n3055. lagyan mo ng 12v auto bulb sa E and C series sa 12V battery. get a volume control say 5k na ang outer terminals sa plus at sa ground. Yung middle sa base. Adjust mo and see the brightness. So, you can say both the V and the current were amplified.But actually it is more of a small V and current turning the transistor On where you have a higher V and more current available to light up the bulb.

BK

Offline tony

• leach amp afficionado
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 07:41:52 PM »
anong application mo?

i agree with BK, the transistor is a current amplifier.....
* you simulate a circuit because you know how it works and wants to tweak, not because you want to learn how that circuit works....simulations do not teach you to be circuit smart...it comes with experience....
*http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/191730-tonys-latest-traffo-diy-build-15.html#post4375385
*do not judge any amp by its schematics, drawing lang yon, look instead at the finished amp, it tells a lot about the amp and its builder.....
http://ronelex.com/bias-current-output-transistor-amplifier/156

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 10:46:38 AM »
salamat po sa ng reply...

alam nyo po ba ung current transformer?. ung dalawa ang paa., na kpg pinasok mo ung wire na my ng fflow na kuryente., my ma mmeasure ka na voltage., kso minimal lng ang voltage..

ask q lng po qng panu ma step-up ung na produce na voltage?..naicp q lng kc qng pwd gamitin ung quadropler.,.

Offline tony

• leach amp afficionado
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 11:59:28 AM »
^delikado yung iniisip mo, marami namang ibang ways to get your required votage....

current transformers ussually comes with a diode shunt, 2 of them in opposite direction and paralleled, so that maximum voltage is 600 milivolts, just enough to drive meter movements....

it is dangerous to open up the ct secondary.....that is why it is often shored until the time it going to be used....
* you simulate a circuit because you know how it works and wants to tweak, not because you want to learn how that circuit works....simulations do not teach you to be circuit smart...it comes with experience....
*http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/191730-tonys-latest-traffo-diy-build-15.html#post4375385
*do not judge any amp by its schematics, drawing lang yon, look instead at the finished amp, it tells a lot about the amp and its builder.....

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 12:50:05 PM »
Teka Budoy....ano ba talaga ang project mp? Tell us instead of talking about certain parts....Sa trafo you can raise the curretn sabi ko sa yo but you have to lowe the V for the same wattage. Then you talk about quadeuple of V......Pwede yun kung gagawing DC and output. Tell us about your project.....

BK

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 03:00:05 PM »
Ka groupmate ko yan sa SP c Budoy..haha..gutom lng yan cguro..ang sp namin ay Vertical Axis Wind Turbine..nyahahaha..c",)

Offline DJFEL

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 03:11:30 PM »
pa abang neto..
dj fel on the mix

Offline torpedo

• Ooh-Rah!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 03:21:25 PM »
Teka Budoy....ano ba talaga ang project mp? Tell us instead of talking about certain parts....Sa trafo you can raise the curretn sabi ko sa yo but you have to lowe the V for the same wattage. Then you talk about quadeuple of V......Pwede yun kung gagawing DC and output. Tell us about your project.....

BK

Ibig sabihin ni sir bravokilo you can increase the voltage or current in a transformer but not both at the same time.. : )
" Victory belongs to those who believe in it the most....and believe in it the longest. " Col. James H "Jimmy" Doolittle

Offline tony

• leach amp afficionado
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 03:39:58 PM »
Ibig sabihin ni sir bravokilo you can increase the voltage or current in a transformer but not both at the same time.. : )

this is true since you are limited by the irons in the transformer....

Offline TinTopHack

• Nothing gold can stay. - Robert Frost
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 04:15:02 PM »
salamat po sa ng reply...

alam nyo po ba ung current transformer?. ung dalawa ang paa., na kpg pinasok mo ung wire na my ng fflow na kuryente., my ma mmeasure ka na voltage., kso minimal lng ang voltage..

ask q lng po qng panu ma step-up ung na produce na voltage?..naicp q lng kc qng pwd gamitin ung quadropler.,.

Current transformer - use to measure current from a wire that acts as primary winding. Output voltage depends on number of turns of secondary (dalawang paa) but usually low voltage lang. This needs to be amplified to be usable for intended purposes. Commonly used in high output current switch-mode power supplies.

THIS NOT A CURRENT AMPLIFIER. It is practically a step-up transformer. Same principle as clamp ammeter.

The world, as everybody knows, is analog; unless, of course, it's digitized.

Offline rdpzycho

• Respect Begets Respect
    • rdpzycho
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 04:21:07 PM »
quadruple the voltage then you divide the current in 4 (ideally, pero in the real world, may losses pa).

Law of Conservation of Energy always prevails.
‎"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
- Rene Descartes

"For every difficult problem there is always a simple answer and most of them are wrong."
- Clayton Paul

Offline tony

• leach amp afficionado
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 05:19:06 PM »
.........reminds me of my younger days.....i used to think of weird things also..........makes me smile when i remember...and now seeing these young ones post the same thoughts makes me nostalgic......

Offline torpedo

• Ooh-Rah!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 11:58:57 PM »
.........reminds me of my younger days.....i used to think of weird things also..........makes me smile when i remember...and now seeing these young ones post the same thoughts makes me nostalgic......

Naku budoy, it seems that sir tony is getting emotional here dahil sayo,. hehe...  anyway sir thanks po sa pagtyaga nyo saamin na mga nasa "What If?" stage pa.. hehehe.. : )
" Victory belongs to those who believe in it the most....and believe in it the longest. " Col. James H "Jimmy" Doolittle

Offline tony

• leach amp afficionado
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 11:52:30 AM »
you of course free to make your own mistakes, you learn better that way........mas madaling magtanda yung nakaranas, kaysa sinabihan lang....