Electronics Lab Philippines

DIY ROTATOR FOR YOUR DIRECTIONAL ANTENNA

Offline bravokilo

Re: DIY ROTATOR FOR YOUR DIRECTIONAL ANTENNA
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2015, 11:44:33 AM »

The original controller for my U 100 antenna rotator is the one inside the box. The box is larger to accomodate a 50W stepdown traffo to be placed on the right side. The box is slanted in front and will have a cover exposing the dial only.
So, the controller will be now 220V.

Offline Super zHero

• Simple problem- ...simple solution.
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2015, 02:03:14 PM »
Two of my first Balikbayan boxes came in today, Sunday, and lo and behold- these were in the first box:

Still unopened.  I think I bought these sometime in the late '80s to early '90s.  Never got to install the
rotator since I was travelling to work in a different state, then I moved.

Offline Super zHero

• Simple problem- ...simple solution.
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2015, 02:16:38 PM »
Imagine, these are 25 y/o or older. just now unboxed:

....and it's not even Pasko yet  :)

(I know, it's 115V)

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2015, 10:28:40 PM »
Tulu laway ko.ganda.reminds me to replace the traffo with 220v input.
Low volt ac yan.just check the secondary voltahe n get 220v in.

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2020, 09:08:37 AM »
WOW, BEEN A LONG TIME BUT IT IS NEVER TOO LATE. WE ABANDONED THIS TOPIC IN 2015!TIME TO RECONSIDER SSTTING UP DIRECTIONAL ANTENNAS FOR YOUR CB, 2 METER BAND OR EVEN THE UHF.

I WAS CLEANING UP A STORAGE TOOM AND I FOUND MY ROTATOR. IT IS AN ALLIANCE TENNA ROTOR U 100. VERY POPULAR FOR TVS', OH PROBABY IN THE 60'S.

I FOUND IT GOOD CUZ HAS A WORM GEAR WHICH MEANS THE WIND CANNOT ROTATE THE ANTENNA. THE MOTOR IS 24 VOLTS AC. IT HAS 117 V PRIMARY TRAFFO OF COURSE AND A 24 V AC SECONDARY. I HAD THE CHOICE OF REPLACING THIS MAIN TRAFFO DECIDED TO KEEP IT THERE CUZ HAS A TERMAL SWITH ON ITS 117 VOLT LINE. IN CASE OF SHORT OR STALL, THIS SWIH POPS OPEN AND SIMPLY RESETS WHEN COOLED. INSTEAD I GOT A SIMILAR SIZE TRAFFO WITH A 1220 V AND 110 V PRIMARY.  ITAPPED THE 220V LINE FOR THE PLUG AND THE 110V LINE FOR THE 117V ORIGINAL TRAFFO. IT IS NOW WORKING ON 220 VOLTS.

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2020, 09:19:52 AM »
IT IS INTERESTING HOW THESE VINTAGE ROTATOR WORKS. VERY INGENIOUS. IT HAS ONLY ONE MOTOR "UP THERE".  THE MOTOR IS AN INDUCTION MOTOR WITH 2 COILS WHICH CAN BE REVERSE. GEARS SLOW DOWN THE FINAL SHAFT FOR THE ANTENNA BUT PROPORTIONALLY INCREASED ITS TORQUE. VERY INGENIOUS, A GEAR CLOSES A CONTACT AT EVERY ROTATION. THIS CONTACT SENDS A GROUND TO A SOLENOID IN THE CONTROL BOX BELOW. THE SOLENOID CONNECTS TO A RATCHED WHICH ROTATES A DIAL.

WHEN THE FACE DIAL IS SET TO A POINT, IT ACTIVATES THE MOTOR CW OR CCW AND SOLENOID WILL BEGIN ITS "CLICK, CLICK CLICK" ROTATING THE CONTACT DISC AT THE BACK. WHEN THE CONTACT IN THIS DISC MATCHES THE SET MAIN DIAL, IT STOPS THE MOTOR AND OF COURSE THE SOLENOID STOPS TOO. VERY NEED CUZ IT DOES NOT USE A SECOND MOTOR LIKE NEWER ROTATORS.

AM NOW READY TO INSTALL MY 3 ELEMENT YAGI FOR MY CB AND ON TOP I COULD PUT A SINGLE YAGI OR EVEN A TWIN. EACH ANTENNA WILL HAVE ITS OWN COAX TO THE RADIO. MAYBE EVEN A THIRD UHF YAGI.

WILL BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO WORK FAR AWAY STATIONS, MAYBE EVEN CB'S IN GUAM.

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2020, 10:30:44 AM »
WOW, BEEN A LONG TIME BUT IT IS NEVER TOO LATE. WE ABANDONED THIS TOPIC IN 2015!TIME TO RECONSIDER SSTTING UP DIRECTIONAL ANTENNAS FOR YOUR CB, 2 METER BAND OR EVEN THE UHF.

I WAS CLEANING UP A STORAGE TOOM AND I FOUND MY ROTATOR. IT IS AN ALLIANCE TENNA ROTOR U 100. VERY POPULAR FOR TVS', OH PROBABY IN THE 60'S.

I FOUND IT GOOD CUZ HAS A WORM GEAR WHICH MEANS THE WIND CANNOT ROTATE THE ANTENNA. THE MOTOR IS 24 VOLTS AC. IT HAS 117 V PRIMARY TRAFFO OF COURSE AND A 24 V AC SECONDARY. I HAD THE CHOICE OF REPLACING THIS MAIN TRAFFO DECIDED TO KEEP IT THERE CUZ HAS A ThERMAL SWITcH ON ITS 117 VOLT LINE. IN CASE OF SHORT OR STALL, THIS SWITCH POPS OPEN AND SIMPLY RESETS WHEN COOLED. INSTEAD I GOT A SIMILAR SIZE TRAFFO WITH A 220 V AND 110 V PRIMARY.  I TAPPED THE 220V LINE FOR THE PLUG AND THE 110V LINE FOR THE 117V ORIGINAL TRAFFO. IT IS NOW

WORKING ON 220 VOLTS. CORRECTD PAGE

Offline danny

« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2020, 09:16:06 PM »
may nakikita pa akong mga ganito na
binebenta, may kamahalan hehehe