Electronics Lab Philippines

Unimat Hobby Lathe

Offline >>>^żżż^<<<

• żżż
Re: Unimat Hobby Lathe
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2017, 10:36:55 PM »
Lokal lang ba nakuha ang chuck?
http://www.elab.ph/index.php?topic=52236.0 TF?
http://www.elab.ph/index.php?topic=41860 ? ? ? DIY traffo Test Build Uli
http://www.elab.ph/index.php?topic=33717  I2c / spi programmer
http://www.elab.ph/index.php?topic=37150.0 Lcr esr makikigulo rin ba kayo ??? Test Build
http://www.elab.ph/index.php?topic=29963.0 Esr collection na malamig
http://www.elab.ph/index.php?topic=25854.0 Basic C++ Programming Tutorials by Prof Asimo
We only live once,treasure those we love, make friends not enemies and keep our family closer. And we will be at peace.
FISH

Offline Super zHero

• Simple problem- ...simple solution.
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2017, 06:06:35 AM »
From eBay, US supplier.

Offline insomartin

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2017, 01:40:22 AM »
whenever turning a plastic material. nakasubo yung vacuum cleaner sa tool. wala kasi way para sa plastic mag "chip" minsan biglaan mag babara tas kakain yung tool sa plastic.

Offline Super zHero

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2017, 11:25:45 PM »
The other night I was boring a blue PVC 1/2" cap to size when I couldn't figure out why in the same setting or without moving the tool adjustment, the tool bit kept cutting into the material.  I latter found out that the piece was getting hot enough to get soft and expand.  So I had to stop and let it cool.

When working with plastics, as in metals, one must know its properties so as not to waste the piece or one's time.

Offline Super zHero

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2017, 11:38:11 PM »
This morning I walked to one of our local surplus hardware stores and bought some small rods from 3mm-6mm dia, mostly non-magnetic SS, and some short brass spacers.

I couldn't get motivated tonight on how to finish a project I was doing, the one involving the blue PVC stuff.  So to refresh my mind I started on another one using a piece of 6mm dia soft stainless rod.

I made a tool bit:

It's a Donut or Circle cutter for copper clad boards.  This is an idea of Bravokilo so he can produce his own proto-PCBs.  It's best used with a drill press.

It uses any size PCB drill bit with 1/8" shank.  You can see the set-screw (grub-screw) on the upper left of the tool.

Offline Super zHero

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2017, 11:46:03 PM »
In my Drill Press.  I tried forming three Donuts on a scrap single-sided board:

I used a broken, shorter drill bit to make it easier to use.

Offline Super zHero

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2017, 11:48:16 PM »
Against a back light, you can see the results.  Perfect for beginners!

Just what BK wanted!

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2017, 06:25:48 AM »
Yehey!

Offline Super zHero

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2020, 03:48:26 AM »
Awww.... all the photos here are gone!

For those of you who do not have an idea what my Unimat looks like, here's the photo after I cleaned it in my first posting:

This was before I put a master switch and safety, magnetic switch on it.  I never got to put a speed controller and tachometer on it since I got a set of belts for it.

Offline Super zHero

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2020, 03:58:56 AM »
Some of my early work turning plastic and PVC fittings to size:

Offline Super zHero

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2020, 04:26:41 AM »
Yesterday, I turned this small 1/4-20 bolt on the left with the Unimat, to the item on the right (size compared to a new 5 centavo coin).  It will be used for my new CP clamp project.  Watch out for it.

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2020, 11:42:11 PM »
Hi Super zH. Reminds me of the small lathe I have. Similar , it uses sewing machine motor. Can't remember if I already posted a pix. I want to sell it cuz I figure out I don't need it.  Your lathe is very handy for fabri... parts for antennas. But it practical to use off the shelf PVC parts. Like tomorrow, Iam constructing 2 dipole antennas. The author used  3/4 PVC T, it is a big too  big. I will used 1/2 with end caps. Two the 2 elements will exit two holes in the end caps. To be vulca sealed. The center ,hole wll have a short niple, thena reducer to 3/4 to 1/2 so the long holder will be 3/4. Mosg of the cheaFB. Baofengs are dual banders and I think many are looking for this cheap external antennas. arket I hink is under P400 and I can ads in Marketplace in FB.

Offline bravokilo

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2020, 12:04:06 AM »
Hi Super zH. Reminds me of the small lathe I have. Similar , it uses sewing machine motor. Can't remember if I already posted a pix. I want to sell it cuz I figure out I don't need it.  Your lathe is very handy for fabri... parts for antennas. But it practical to use off the shelf PVC parts. Like tomorrow, Iam constructing 2 dipole antennas. The author used  3/4 PVC T, it is a big too  big. I will used 1/2 with end caps. Two the 2 elements will exit two holes in the end caps. To be vulca sealed. The center ,hole wll have a short niple, thena reducer to 3/4 to 1/2 so the long holder will be 3/4. Mosg of the cheaFB. Baofengs are dual banders and I think many are looking for this cheap external antennas. arket I hink is under P400 and I can ads in Marketplace in FB.