Electronics Lab Philippines

Turbo Pascal

Offline orravan

• "I know i'm not good yet, but soon I will"
Turbo Pascal
« on: July 03, 2009, 01:41:12 PM »
hi mga master

i'm studying the Turbo pascal languange, self study...

pwede ba akong makahingi ng mga simple done program using different topics.
nahihirapan akong intindihin kase un mga example sa tutorial.
gusto ko ma kabisado ko pascal first bago ako magmove to a higher language.

hope u can help me to my goal

thanks in advance.

Offline e.novacek

• The LionHeart
Re: Turbo Pascal
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 02:13:05 PM »

Nowaday's, none of the software development company is using pascal as their language in their projects.. even in open source projects, they would rather prefer to work with scripts like python, ruby, php, perl .. rather than pascal..

Pascal is considered as one of the "dead or ancient languages" in software.. like Greek or Hebrew, where no people speaks on this languages anymore.. pascal language have problems..

Hence, it is a very "wise move" if u work on languages that are useful and more meaningful.. therefore, my recommendation is to consider C, C++ or Java instead of Pascal..

Take the gun. Leave the cannoli.
Mario Puzo

Offline orravan

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »
Nowaday's, none of the software development company is using pascal as their language in their projects.. even in open source projects, they would rather prefer to work with scripts like python, ruby, php, perl .. rather than pascal..

Pascal is considered as one of the "dead or ancient languages" in software.. like Greek or Hebrew, where no people speaks on this languages anymore.. pascal language have problems..

Hence, it is a very "wise move" if u work on languages that are useful and more meaningful.. therefore, my recommendation is to consider C, C++ or Java instead of Pascal..

actually gusto ko pag aaralan un mga latest languages ngayon...pero di ba ito ang pinaka basic
if you learn and master the basic language eh madali na pag aralan un mga bago...(correct me if i'm wrong)

and how about the visual basic and others? it not in your recommendation.

Offline shadowstriker07

• DELL Business Printer Hardware Warranty Support
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 02:56:26 PM »
NOPE DUDE my mas Basic pa dyan....

which is ung mga nauna.... like regional assembly language, autocode, fortran blah blah blah!!! through Java FX Scrip..

alam ko mahirap yang programming eh as usual mahal ang ang training/seminar nyan..... gudluck n lng
Blow Job!!!.. Is the Only WORD that cannot be written on a resume` despite of years of Experience and References

Offline orravan

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 03:02:45 PM »
salamat e.novacek at shadowstriker07 in your comment.

it help me decide kung ipagpapatuloy ko ang ginagawa ko.
again maraming salamat

pogi point to both of you...

Offline TinTopHack

• Nothing gold can stay. - Robert Frost
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 04:29:27 PM »
Pascal is a stepping stone to Delphi - a Pascal-like language that is a lot more powerful.
You can keep going with Pascal if you like - to learn the basics - structured programing,
data types, subroutines, functions, program loops, etc. pero don't stay too long. The sooner
you move up to Delphi or C or newer languages the better for you.

The world, as everybody knows, is analog; unless, of course, it's digitized.

Offline BANNEDMemberAccount

• You have No GOD?, You have No Peace of mind.
    • Hay tita lengwahe mo bading na bading halata na talaga, napaka-awkward! gack!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 04:34:06 PM »
borland pascal tama si Tin papunta sa delphi yan. delphi ay ginagamit sa internet madalas cgi. for beginner maganda ang pascal
Wag HIHITHIT ng Katol para hinde Tamang Hinala  Account is permanently BANNED due to Accumulation of forum rules and violations.

Offline ckiana02

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 05:03:38 PM »
Pascal is a good starting language if you intend to go to imaging. Delphi-Pascal is used in medical imaging software.  Otherwise, I suggest you start with C or C++.

Offline BANNEDMemberAccount

• You have No GOD?, You have No Peace of mind.
    • Hay tita lengwahe mo bading na bading halata na talaga, napaka-awkward! gack!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 05:10:53 PM »
c ay medyo maguguluhan na beginner dahil function style na siya, pascal talaga for beginner, o kaya cobol ka muna :)  sa c++ kung genius ka pwedi sa beginner kasi ang hirap ng pointer niya.hehe
Wag HIHITHIT ng Katol para hinde Tamang Hinala  Account is permanently BANNED due to Accumulation of forum rules and violations.

Offline bytewise

• possibilities are infinite---Fujitsu
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 05:22:52 PM »
hi mga master

i'm studying the Turbo pascal languange, self study...

pwede ba akong makahingi ng mga simple done program using different topics.
nahihirapan akong intindihin kase un mga example sa tutorial.
gusto ko ma kabisado ko pascal first bago ako magmove to a higher language.

hope u can help me to my goal

thanks in advance.

Better to focus on C rather than in Pascal IMHO,because once you learn C you can now start in C++,C#,Java and scripting languages like Python,Ruby,Perl etc,but if you go on BASIC language(QBasic in Microsoft and Turbo Basic in Borland)you only go to Visual Basic and no other language to learn.But is still up to you what language would you prefer.
Many C compiler can be downloadable like DevC++ and Visual Studio Express Edition Visual C++ to learn C language.Also you can download Microsoft site for Visual Basic if you like to learn Basic.Visual Basic is for Rapid Application Development to create windows applications faster.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dev-cpp/
http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/
always newbie